- By invitation
- One or more practitioners from sports National Governing Bodies, player associations, trade bodies and associations, betting operators, the Commission and law enforcement (with other public agencies invited to attend meetings as and when appropriate).
- Representation from other organisations will also be invited to attend meetings as and when relevant to the agenda
Purpose of the Forum
The purpose of the Forum is to support and coordinate partners' individual and collective efforts in developing Britain's Action Plan for enhancing integrity in sport and sports betting. It will keep pace with the increasing complexities, such as international influences, focusing on prevention, disruption and deterrents by:
- Supporting and developing achievements at an organisational and national level to achieve the purpose of the plan.
- Debating issues and identifying potential solutions.
- Progressing issues of common concern through sub groups reporting to the Forum.
- Having accountability for the delivery of the actions as set out in the Sports and Sports Betting Integrity Action Plan and its future development.
- The Forum will comprise senior representatives of the key partners and have a rotating chair.
- Full Forum meetings will be held every three - four months.
- Sub groups will take responsibility for specific actions or projects as commissioned by the SBIF Chair(s). Each sub group will be appointed a lead who will have accountability for delivery of actions and reporting progress to the SBIF chairs and Secretariat. The wider group will be kept updated as and when appropriate.
- Secretariat will be undertaken by the Gambling Commission
- Speakers from other Regulatory bodies, Jurisdictions, sport etc to be invited on an ad hoc basis where relevant to the agenda.